So the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award is an award that recognizes the unique voices of women across the world. Which makes you feel pretty awesome to be nominated for, right?
The five rules to this are:
Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site.
Put the Award logo on your blog.
Answer the ten questions sent to you.
Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
Nominate ten blogs.
1. Did you have a book that meant a lot to you as a child?
I can’t really think of a specific book, but i was a big fan of Jacqueline Wilson who was my inspiration at the time. I think I read pretty much all her books as a child. I also loved Jeremy Strong!
2. Is there any author or book that you collect and will always welcome multiple editions of the same title?
I’m not really that kind of person to own multiple editions of the same title however after reading I’ll Give You the Sun, i’m hella happy to collect all of Jandy Nelson’s books and i love the hardcover edition of IGYTS (sososo prettyyyy)
3. Say that you find yourself judging a book by its cover (not that we ever do that!); what sort of covers do you go for? Are there any that are an absolute turn off?
I find simple covers so gripping, i fall for their clarity. Book covers are so important!
I hate book covers that literally look like they were made using wordart or something. That really irritates me. And i’m not a massive fan of faces on book covers either.
4. If you could pick any imaginary animal to bring home to Mum with an earnest, “Can we keep him??”, what animal would it be?
An ostrich with human teeth counts as imaginary, right?
5. Is there any book to movie adaptation that you simply refuse to watch? No way, you’re not even giving them the opportunity to mess it up.
This is a hard one because honestly I’ve never watched a movie adaptation that completely messed up a book for me. I tend to be curious to see how movies turn out and who are casted etc. I’m not very picky with things like the cast. When i read books, i never visualize characters. I don’t know how i’m going to explain this, but i just like acknowledge their description but never actually paint the picture in my head. I can imagine things like settings but faces are just a colourful blur. I love movies for giving me faces (but as I’ve mentioned in a previous question, I revile book covers if they plaster a face on the front)
So that’s it from me! So sorry that I’m only able to do 5 questions guys.
since i should be studying so much right now.
To my nominees, i hope you’ll enjoy this as much as i did! You can just answer the same questions I’ve answered above and for all 10 questions just visit Josie’s blog! 🙂 I might be able to complete all 10 questions, probably after my exams but for now i can only stick to 5! 😦